Yourway Transport Inc. (“Yourway “, “we” or “us “) have prepared this Privacy Notice (“Notice “) for:
- all visitors or users of yourway.com and any successor website or application thereto (collectively, the “website “);
- all visitors or users of Yourway’s shipment tracking platform or any other online tools we make available. (collectively “Yourway platforms”);
- any individual who interacts with Yourway via our website, emails, call center (including online job applicants); and
- any individual who receives promotional communications from Yourway
(collectively, the “Individuals” or “you“).
This Notice explains the types of personal data we collect and use about you, who we share this data with, how we protect it, and your rights in relation to this data. We are fully committed to protect your privacy by complying with this Notice and any applicable law.
Your use of the website is also governed by our Terms and Conditions.
What is Personal Data?
“Personal data” means any information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information held by us) identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an individual (“Data Subject”) or household.
Yourway does not knowingly collect personal data of any individual under 16 years of age, unless that individual is enrolled in a clinical trial for which we are engaged to provide services with parental or guardian consent. In the event that we learn that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal data to us other than in the context of a clinical trial, we will remove such personal data as soon as possible.
What Personal Data we collect and use?
When you interact with us you may voluntarily provide us with personal information (name, email address, telephone number, address) about you to enable us receiving and responding to your queries, providing you with our online services (e.g. shipment tracking), contacting you with information about our services and promotions, enabling your login access to certain areas or services of our website (such as Yourway platforms).
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, your login information (if any), browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- information about your visit on our website, such as the website pages and sections you visit on our website, your searches and browsing history on our website, time and length of visits to our website, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- interactions with our marketing and promotional emails (where we are entitled to contact you with such communications), to improve our campaigns and reach out to you in a better way;
- information about your interactions with Yourway on social media, for example, “likes”, “share”, “follow” actions and your comments to Yourway content (e.g. if you share a Yourway website page on social media), only at an aggregate and anonymized level to measure the impact of and improve our content or marketing campaigns;
Who we share Personal Data with?
Yourway is a global company with headquarters in the US, and locations across the globe, which all collaborate and partially share customer services and systems including website-related services and systems, we may need to transfer your personal data to, or otherwise allow access to such data by other partner companies.
Data processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest to offer an added value to our marketing and online services, logistics and storage services which enables you access important and specific information about your shipment or the storage of your products. Also, to provide you with the information you have requested to us or respond to your enquires.
Our Service Providers
We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers“) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. We may share personal data with the following categories of Service Provider:
- marketing, advertising and communications agencies;
- provider of a digital platform for job applications management;
- infrastructure and IT services providers;
- digital and email marketing platform.
In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal data. However, we will only provide our Service Providers with the information that is necessary for them to perform the services, and we ask them not to use your information for any other purpose. We may also share your data with third parties as required in order to provide our services. We will always use our best efforts to ensure that all the Service Providers we work with will keep your personal data secure.
Third Parties permitted by law
In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, we may be required to disclose personal data to the police, or to judicial or administrative authorities).
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties where disclosure is both legally permissible and necessary to protect or defend our rights, matters of national security, law enforcement, to enforce our contractual rights or protect your rights or those of the public.
Third Parties connected with corporate transactions
We may transfer your personal data to third parties in connection with a reorganization, restructuring, merger, assignment, acquisition or transfer of assets, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal data in a manner consistent with this Notice.
Lawful basis for processing
All the processing activities undertaken by Yourway regarding personal data, are in accordance with Article 6 of General Data Protection Regulations. Personal data is collected, processed or stored, when the company meets the lawfulness of one of the six data protection principles:
- The data subject has given consent for processing personal data for one or more purposes;
- Processing personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- Processing personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing personal data is necessary for protecting the vital interest of the data subject or another person;
- Processing personal data is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest or official authority;
- Processing personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests
International transfers of Personal Data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA (for example, in the US), including within the Yourway Company or through the use of third parties as set out previously. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our Service Providers.
Yourway will take all necessary measures to ensure that your personal data is securely transferred, stored and used after transfer, as required by applicable law. This includes using appropriate safeguards such as the EU Model Contract Clauses (or equivalent measures). You can ask for a copy of the appropriate safeguards by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Personal Data Security and Retention
Your personal data is stored by us and/or our Service Providers on our behalf, strictly to the extent necessary for the performance of our obligations and strictly for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which the data is collected.
When personal data is kept, that period will be determined based on the applicable local law, and it will not be kept longer than is necessary. When we no longer need to use your information for any of our purposes, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to properly anonymize or destroy it, so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject).
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures in an effort to safeguard the personal data in our custody and control from being lost or misused. Such measures we have implemented include, for example, limiting access to personal data only to employees and authorized service providers who need to know such information for the purposes described in this Notice, as well as other administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
While we endeavor to always protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. Understand that, any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk.
Depending on your jurisdiction, you have a number of rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. We are committed to address these rights where required under applicable law. These can be summarized as follows:
- You have the right to access the information we have collected about you and request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you. Upon request, we will provide all the information to you in electronic form. For your own privacy and security, in our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information;
- You have the right to rectify incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we process about you;
- You have the right to request that we erase personal data that we process about you, except we are not obligated to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal data which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent (such as for direct marketing communications) or to perform a contract with you (such as to administer your account).
- Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
- If you have consented to our processing of your personal data and we do not rely on legitimate interest to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not treat you differently for exercising a legal right regarding your personal data.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, please review the following additional privacy disclosure under California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) and California Civil Code section 1798.83.
AB-375 permits California residents to request information, regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data and its processing.
Additionally, California residents have the following rights:
- The right to know how personal information is collected and disclosed;
- The right to request deletion of personal information;
- The right to Opt-Out of the process of personal information;
- The right to Non-Discrimination for the exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Right;
We collect the categories of personal information listed below:
- Identifiers, such as name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, IP address, account ID, cookie ID and other similar identifiers;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the access or use of our services, including information about interactions with the Services and about devices you use to access our services;
We never sell the personal data of our users. We do work with partners who provide us with different services as described in the “Who we share Personal Data with?” section.
If you have any questions about this Notice, or need help exercising any of your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Privacy Notice Updates
This Privacy Statement becomes effective on 18th June 2020. Yourway reserves the right to modify, add or remove portions of this Notice at any time, with or without prior notice, in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements, and such updates will be effective immediately upon posting it on the website. It is your responsibility to review the Notice periodically and by using Yourway website means you agree to this Policy Notice and any changes.
Contact details for Yourway
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat your personal data, or you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact Yourway at:
Telephone: +1- 610-395-9198 or + 44 (0) 1753 888 881
Address: 6681 Snowdrift Road, Allentown, PA USA 18106